Took this picture in Cozumel, Mexico while on a cruise in 2011.
Start your holiday shopping early by picking up this calendar of 12 beautiful sunset pictures (most all were taken in the San Diego, California area). Click here to purchase your copy.
Here is a photo I took at a club in Del Mar, California (where all the pretty people go).
Last weekend I received an email from Vons to get a free delivery from their home delivery service. Since I was stuck working all weekend, I thought I’d save some time and take them up on their offer. I have used their service before when I was unable to make it to the store. Once I went to their website I quickly remembered how slow and difficult using their site is. The following is what I wrote them:
“I’m writing about your shopping online. To save some time I thought I would make an order (not my first time). But it took so long and was so frustrating that I gave up. It would be faster just to drive to the store.
I’m a software developer and know that you are using a framework that is no longer supported and has been out of date for over 10 years!
I might use it when I have to (such as recovering from surgery) but won’t for anything else.”
Here is their reply:
“We apologize for the delay in responding to your e-mail.
Thank you for providing us with the error message you received. Our records do indicate that we were experiencing web site technical difficulties at the time you reported this issue and the matter has been resolved. “
What? I don’t think anyone actually read my comment. This sounds like an automated response. I don’t think they have a clue on what customer service is at all! The issue is not “technical difficulties” at all, it’s the crappy website design using a framework that has not been used for over 13 years! Hire a new CTO Vons!!!
Here are my easy steps on how to watch the Super Bowl more efficiently:
- Setup your DVR to record the game.
- Don’t start watching the game until it’s been on for one to two hours. Go enjoy a walk on the beach, get your drink on, go watch a movie or what I prefer to do is to do my weekly grocery shopping when it comes on.
- Start watching the recorded game from your DVR.
- Use the fast forward button and only stop when: you see the score change (back up about one minute), when the commercials are on (to see how good or bad they are) and during the half-time show (of course if that sucks, you can just keep fast forwarding).
- By the time you catch up with the live game, there will only be five to ten minutes left.
- Watch the rest of the game since the only exciting part is the last few plays. Of course if it’s a blow out, delete the recording and go do something else more productive with your life than sitting on the couch!
Of course, always remember to not drink and drive! I’m sure the cops are out in force.